Veterinary Biochemistry


Department Profile

Department of Physiology and Biochemistry was established during the inception of the College in the Year 1955. Later in the year 2000, the Department of Veterinary Biochemistry was formed by bifurcating the then existing Dept. of Physiology and Biochemistry. Dr. Sisilamma George, Professor has been entrusted with the job of the Head of the Department from its inception. Master’s programme has been started in the Department in the year 2006. The intake capacity is 4 in each academic year. So far six students completed and three undergoing their PG programme. About 40 research articles have been published from the Department.

Academic Facilities
The Department has a UG laboratory and a Molecular biology laboratory containing many of the modern molecular biology equipments such as gradient PCR machine, Gel doc system, Hybridisation oven, Gel Dryer, Manual DNA sequencing system, -860C freezer, Laminar flow etc. for carrying out UG, PG studies and research.
 

Powered By netBIOS