Veterinary Physiology


Department Profile

The composite Department of Physiology and Biochemistry was started functioning as a constituent unit of College ever since its inception in 1955. At the time of the inception of the college in 1955, Physiology and Pharmacology was established as composite department. Later, in 1958 a separate department of Physiology and Biochemistry was formed. In 2000, the department was bifurcated as department of Veterinary Physiology and Department of Veterinary Biochemistry.
Post graduate (MSc & MVSc) and doctoral (PhD) programmes were started in 1964.

The department has done pioneering research work on the Physiology of Asian elephants and different aspects of Avian physiology. Besides, elaborate studies on stress, antistress agents, immune responses, Reproductive physiology, climatic effects and growth were conducted in both domestic animals and birds. Department had completed 7 external aided projects (ICAR, NATP and Govt. of Kerala).

Academics

  • Ph.D
  • PG
  • UG

 

Powered By netBIOS